If you are taking time out this summer to avoid the Olympic Games, or just to catch some rays on the beach, then you’ll need a book to keep you amused. Even if you are stuck in your normal routine like me, a good book can liven up your commute. And with Kindle and audio book sales soaring, there’s no need to actually carry around paper books anymore!
So, move over Fifty Shades of Grey, here is what the best read project managers have on their ebook readers or in their handbags this summer.
- Books for getting things done: Business Case Essentials and Results Without Authority (essential reading if you work in a matrixed environment)
- Books for improving your skills: The Professional, The Wealthy Freelancer (great for project management consultants) and Math for Grownups (my favourite book this summer)
- Books for seeing the bigger picture: Growth or Bust and Value Management
- Books for managing when things don’t go to plan: Conflict 101 and Tame, Messy and Wicked Risk Leadership
- Books to boost your project management expertise: Everything’s a Project and Second Order Project Management
I’ll have reviews of all these to share with you this month. There is also a great book giveaway next week, but you’ll have to wait to find out which book it is. As an extra bonus, the August PM4Girls newsletter will also have news of a new giveaway. If you don’t already subscribe, sign up here. It’s free!
Reading any great books this summer that are not on my list? Let me know what’s on your Kindle in the comments section below.