It’s August, which means we should be packing for holidays. Even if you are having a staycation this year, you can still slip a business book into your bag. Today kicks off a month of book reviews of some of the hottest project and general management books around this summer.
- Best general book for new IT project managers and my favourite this season: Growing Software (review on Wednesday)
- Best book to lower your carbon footprint: Green Project Management (Friday)
- Best books for studying for PRINCE2: Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 and Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (next week)
- Best book to help you challenge the IT and HR departments on shoddy policies when you get back from hols: The ePolicy Handbook (13th August)
- Best books for revising for PMP on the beach: PMP Review Guide and PMP Study Guide and (16th and 18th August)
- Best book if you have just made a massive mistake and are using the summer hols to get over it: Comebacks (19th August)
- Best book to replan your career away from the office: Getting to the Top (20th August)
- Best book for reading while drinking cocktails: Confessions of a Public Speaker (23rd August)
- Best book to remind yourself that diversity programmes are more than just fluff: Why Women Mean Business (25th August)
- Best book for preparing to meet new people: Fast Track Networking (27th August)
- Smallest book for easy packing: Business Etiquette (30th August)
Yes, I have been reading like books are going out of fashion to bring you what the best-dressed shelves are wearing this summer. Not all the books I’ve been sent made the grade, but I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with the ones I have chosen to review over the next few weeks.
Get yourself a nice cup of tea/glass of wine/beer/cocktail, pick a spot in the garden/on the beach/by the pool/on the sofa and curl up with a good read…2/08/2010