PRINCE2 is a well known qualification, but that doesn’t make it incompatible with other qualifications or project management methods. OGC has recently produced a white paper looking at APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners. The white paper looks at the differences between the APMP qualification, which is one offered by APM and based on their Body of Knowledge, and PRINCE2 Practitioner. The paper puts forward the view that APMP and PRINCE2 Practitioner are complementary and there are bits of each approach that will support the other. The video below also looks at the synergies between the two approaches. Do you think you could blend the two in your workplace? Or do you already mix and match different methods?
All the posts in the Inside PRINCE2 series:
- Inside PRINCE2: Tolerances
- Inside PRINCE2: Fixed date projects
- Inside PRINCE2: Working with APMP
- Inside PRINCE2: Extreme Weather exam tips
- Inside PRINCE2: Closing a project
- Inside PRINCE2: Who does what in project Initiation
- Book review: Directing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
- Book review: Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2
- 6 Reasons To Use Your pm4success Subscription
- What software works with PRINCE2?
- PMP and PRINCE2 working together